Thursday, August 30, 2007

Till Death Do Us Part




My grandpa passed away last week. It was a peaceful death. He left in his sleep. I guess no one can possibly ask for a better way than that. I was in KL when I heard the news.

Though it was most unfortunate, I would not say that it was not expected. After all, he lived till the ripe age of 89. Not too bad if U asked me. Still, funerals are never easy. The physical and emotional demands on the individuals and the family.

It's very strange to see someone that U know lay there inside a wooden box. And it totally blows your mind when U watch that box move its way to destruction. Never to be seen again. All rather horrifying.

The wailing and the heart aches that U can feel at such times. It is very hard to keep your tears in check in moments like this. Alone we come, alone we go. Whatever we do, we will have to leave one day.

Hell, thank God I have SensUal Joy. Life is too short to not live to your highest capabilities. Life is too valuable to just blend in with the crowd. Life is what U make of, even if U have ten million lives, each one counts, for goodness sake, don't screw it up.

I feel extremely heartened that if I were to breath my last breath, I know that I would still have lived my life exactly the way it has been. Thank God for that. And I have full intention to keep it that way...

No comments: